No bluetooth device on my ASUS nb RRS feed

• Question

• I don't have any bluetooth device on my ASUS nb - running vista. I've checked device manager & there is no bluetooth device installed. How do I reinstall it?
    • Moved by Marc Madrid-MSFT Friday, March 4, 2011 2:08 PM question is about using bluetooth (From:Microsoft Online Services Customer Portal)
    Friday, March 4, 2011 5:01 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I would like to confirm if the light for blue tooth is on properly. If not, the device may not connected well physically. You may need to send it to repair shop of the manufacture for test.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, March 8, 2011 8:15 AM

All replies

• Hi,

When did this issue begin to occur?

Please tell us the exact make and model of your computer so that we can find the bluetooth software for you.

Meanwhile, please run the fix decribed http://support.microsoft.com/mats/hardware_device_problems/en-us

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, March 7, 2011 9:36 AM
  • Hi,

This started about 18 months ago when I was using Nokia software to sync my mobile & pc. The nokia software crashed & after I couldn't get bluetooth to work. I must have accidently deleted the software while trying to uninstall the nokia software. I haven't needed to use it since and only noticed the problem a couple of months ago. I have tried installing various bluetooth software but nothing has worked.

I have an ASUS PR031F series with a Duo T2350 CPU, with VistaPremium installed.

Rhonda Irvine
    Monday, March 7, 2011 11:29 AM
  • Hi,

I would like to confirm if the light for blue tooth is on properly. If not, the device may not connected well physically. You may need to send it to repair shop of the manufacture for test.

Regards,

Tuesday, March 8, 2011 8:15 AM
  • Thanks, there is no light as well as no action when I tried to use the bluetooth. Think I'll just buy a new nb - they're much cheaper now than they were a few years ago. Thanks for you help.

Cheers

Rhonda

Rhonda Irvine
    Tuesday, March 8, 2011 9:06 AM
  • hey i know how to fix you problem but make sure that your laptop or desktop really have a bluetooth device install.If it does go to your laptop,desktop support example : your laptop is of dell you go to dell.com and find support and driver download then download it and uninstall your old driver by click the right mouse on my computer and choose Properties then Hardware,then Device Manager you can see the whole list in there and find bluetooth then uninstall it.Final go to your download folder and click on the file that you download on the website and install it I Hope This Work for You CUz it Work For All My laptop It there any problem tell me
    • Proposed as answer by HieuNguy Sunday, March 13, 2011 5:07 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Divine.Goddess Sunday, March 13, 2011 2:25 PM
    Sunday, March 13, 2011 5:06 AM
  • I did have bluetooth on my laptop when I bought it - its an ASUS - but it is now not showing in the Device Manager. I have tried to download driver but it says no Bluetooth device found when I tried to install the driver. Thanks for trying.
    Rhonda Irvine
    Sunday, March 13, 2011 2:28 PM