none
Default Switch failing after windows update RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am running a VM on Hyper-V on my HP Z-Book and has been running fine until I did a Win 10 upgrade. Now when my Pc boots up the Hyper-V default switch continually drops in / out with "Attempting to Authenticate" which seemingly fails, then flicks to a disabled state and dissapears and then just continues to do this.

I have tried all sorts of troubleshooting including uninstalling Hyper-V multiple times, reinstalling my laptop nic drivers multiple times, and performing Network resets. Nothing has fixed it. Sometimes it will also cause my laptop NIC to do the same thing, but if I stop the Hyper-V service my laptop NIC stays connected and doing a network reset fixes it. I am real noob when it comes to network stuff, so any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks heaps

Monday, January 6, 2020 4:10 PM

All replies

• You'll find the desktop Hyper-V experts in dedicated forum over here.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=win10itprovirt

or possibly over here.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=win10itpronetworking

(please don't forget to mark helpful replies as answer)

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

• Proposed as answer by Tim CerlingMVP Tuesday, January 7, 2020 1:50 PM
    Monday, January 6, 2020 4:15 PM
  • ok thanks
    Monday, January 6, 2020 4:22 PM
  • You're welcome.

(please don't forget to mark helpful replies as answer)

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Monday, January 6, 2020 4:24 PM
  • Hi,

Since you have tried a lot of methods and they still fail to work, we have reason to suspect that the system is damaged due to the update.

Currently, we suggest that you reinstall the system to see if it can solve the problem. If it still doesn't work, we need to discuss it with network experts on here:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=win10itpronetworking

Hope this can help you a bit.

Best Regards,

Daniel

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact

Tuesday, January 7, 2020 6:54 AM
  • For anyone interested....
    I got a updated ISO from my IT department that was version 1809 (previously when I first encountered this issue I had manually upgraded from 1509 to 1809, Hyper-v was working fine prior to that update) and I reformatted my laptop... Exact same issue...

I have just now manually upgraded to 1909 and problem fixed without me doing anything other than the upgrade.... So there is definately an issue with Hyper-V, win10 ver 1809 and some hardware configurations...
    Thursday, January 9, 2020 11:21 AM