none
Microsoft Support installed DPM 2012 R2 UR5 Hotfix 4.2.1297.0, now the DPM-VMM Helper Service constantly hangs. RRS feed

• Question

• Microsoft Support installed DPM 2012 R2 UR5 Hotfix 4.2.1297.0, now the DPM-VMM Helper Service constantly hangs.

I opened a case with support and they installed the Hotfix, all seemed well, but I was getting a hang in the DPM-VMM Helper Service that I thought might be transient. When that happens none of the subsequent Recovery points will run and will fail with DPM was unable to establish a connection with the Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) server 

Sometimes I can restart the service, but most often the service will stay hung and I have to reboot, which will fail backups to tape if those have not finished.

Has anyone seen this? Ideas? Or just open another case with Microsoft.

Tuesday, May 5, 2015 12:47 AM

Answers

• It looks like DPM 2012 R2 UR6 fixed the issue ... we'll see ... At least Hyper V recovery points are running now and synchronizing to the DPM.
    • Marked as answer by BwanaPC Tuesday, May 5, 2015 3:23 PM
    Tuesday, May 5, 2015 3:23 PM

All replies

• It looks like DPM 2012 R2 UR6 fixed the issue ... we'll see ... At least Hyper V recovery points are running now and synchronizing to the DPM.
    • Marked as answer by BwanaPC Tuesday, May 5, 2015 3:23 PM
    Tuesday, May 5, 2015 3:23 PM
  • Thank you for your update!

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 6, 2015 7:54 AM