wifi connect problem RRS feed

• Question

• I have brought a D-link wifi usb drive , and plug into the PC ( the PC has a network card and plug the network cable to connect internet network )

I tried to reboot the PC , it hangs and take very long time to boot into windows , after unplug the usb drive , it then can be boot to windows , I tried install the official driver from D-link website , the problem not fixed.

It is wonder that even it boots into the windows , I found the wifi can not auto reconnect , that means the wifi is not auto reconnect after boots into the windows  .

It is also strange that , if unplug the network cable , the wifi can be connected again.

would advise what is the error , is it the hardware issue ?

thanks

Wednesday, March 18, 2020 4:23 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on the information you provided, the first two issues that took a long time to restart the computer and did not automatically reconnect to wifi were most likely caused by third-party wifi usb drive.

Since our forum does not have an experimental environment or relevant information about third-party products, it is difficult to understand how D-link works. It is recommended that you contact the vendor of third-party product.

>>It is also strange that , if unplug the network cable , the wifi can be connected again.Regarding this issue, it is actually due to operating systems tend to prefer wired over wireless connections due to bandwidth.

If you have a wireless NIC and it can establish a connection to a SSID, it is dormant while your wired connection is detected.

Once the wired connection is broken, the wireless NIC may automatically attempt to connect, often with a new IP address.

Hope this can help you, if you have anything unclear, please let me know.

Have a nice day!

Allan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 19, 2020 8:24 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking the current situation of your problem.

Please let us know if you would like further help.

Best regards,

Allan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 23, 2020 7:20 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful.

Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Allan

Wednesday, March 25, 2020 9:52 AM