none
Exchange 2010 AutoConfig

Question

• Hi Guys;

i have Exchange 2010 in my environment, on client computer  open Outlook first time and choose auto config (just wrote username and pass ) it says successful  you set your account for outlook but the problem when i check details of account i see that it set as  "IMAP" not exchange. Why ? i dont want to use it as imap where does take this config ? how can i change it ?

Thank u.

Wednesday, June 1, 2016 7:45 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can check your account type in Outlook Account setting, figure as below:
    If you want to manually configure Exchange account, please select "Microsoft Exchange Server or compatible service", figure as below:
    Otherwise, you can enter your E-mail address and password to use Autodiscover service to auto-configure Outlook profile in your screenshot.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, June 2, 2016 3:22 PM

All replies

• Where do you see "IMAP"?

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Thursday, June 2, 2016 12:40 AM
  • Thursday, June 2, 2016 8:35 AM
  • Hello,

When you check manually configure server setting and click next, you have 3 choices.

-          Internet email

-          Microsoft Exchange

-          Other

Internet email is selected by DEFAULT. If you click next you’ll arrive at the page where you can only choice between POP3, IMAP and HTTP. This is where you are.

Please select Microsoft Exchange for a local Outlook configuration.

FrenchITGuy.com

Thursday, June 2, 2016 8:56 AM
  • Hi,

If you want to manually configure Exchange account, please select "Microsoft Exchange Server or compatible service", figure as below:
    Otherwise, you can enter your E-mail address and password to use Autodiscover service to auto-configure Outlook profile in your screenshot.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Allen Wang

Thursday, June 2, 2016 3:22 PM
  • Make sure you have the correct version of Outlook as well.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Thursday, June 2, 2016 4:32 PM
  • Hi,

Allen Wang

Yes on there account type looks IMAP as below.

user@domain.com  IMAP/SMTP

Thursday, June 2, 2016 7:16 PM
  • i try it with outlook 2013
    Thursday, June 2, 2016 7:17 PM
  • I mean be sure it's a version of Outlook that supports Exchange Server connections.

Thursday, June 2, 2016 8:26 PM