Is it possible to view UM Settings within ECP? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I would like our Help Desk to be able to view Unified Messaging settings for a User Account(verify that they are enabled with a specific extension).

I dug into RBAC permissions and think I figured them out, but just now realized that I don't see any of the UM Settings when logged in through ECP.

Anyone else try this?  I'd rather Help Desk went through the ECP than the EMC.

Thank you for your time,

Mr Mister

Thursday, October 4, 2012 7:03 PM

Answers

• You can review/edit Voice Mail settings using ECP.

Related thread for you:

Managing UM in the Exchange Control Panel

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchange2010/thread/d9a9102a-2bfd-4148-996c-b0143f496d8e

Thanks,

Evan

Evan Liu

TechNet Community Support

Friday, October 5, 2012 8:53 AM

All replies

• Are you in the UM Management role?

[string](0..33|%{[char][int](46+("686552495351636652556262185355647068516270555358646562655775 0645570").substring(($_*2),2))})-replace " "

Thursday, October 4, 2012 10:59 PM
  • You can review/edit Voice Mail settings using ECP.

Related thread for you:

Managing UM in the Exchange Control Panel

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchange2010/thread/d9a9102a-2bfd-4148-996c-b0143f496d8e

Thanks,

Evan

Evan Liu

Friday, October 5, 2012 8:53 AM
  • Hi Evan,

We have our CAS boxes separate from our DAG which have had UM installed on them.  Thing is, when we access ECP on the CAS boxes, they probably are missing some components needed in a Virtual Directory in order to display "Unified Messaging" under "Phone & Voice Features."

I don't have the Unified Messaging as seen in the pic below:

Are you supposed to install UM on the CAS boxes? Any ideas?

Thank you very much for your time!

Mr Mister

Monday, October 29, 2012 9:21 PM
  • Hi MJolinor,

We have our CAS boxes separate from our DAG which have had UM installed on them.  Thing is, when we access ECP on the CAS boxes, they probably are missing some components needed in a Virtual Directory in order to display "Unified Messaging" under "Phone & Voice Features."

I don't have the Unified Messaging as seen in the pic below:

Are you supposed to install UM on the CAS boxes?  Any ideas?

Thank you very much for your time!

Mr Mister

• Edited by Mr Mister Monday, October 29, 2012 9:21 PM
    Monday, October 29, 2012 9:21 PM
  • My fault, i didn't explain this issue clearly.

Form the ECP, a UM enabled user can manage the voicemail tab for himself, but for a UM management user, he cannot manage voicemail settings of another user through ECP.

This not because your UM is not installed on the CAS boxes, because this feature not support on the premises Exchange enviroments, it is available to tenant administrators (Exchange cloud side) and the administrators in cross-premises Exchange environments.

You can know detail from this document:

New Unified Messaging Functionality and Voice Mail Features in Exchange 2010 SP1

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff625231.aspx

Thanks,

Evan

Evan Liu

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 7:59 AM