none
Deliverable - Accept Changes RRS feed

• Question

• HI, when accepting changes from the server for a dependency on a deliverable, I can see the Deliverable bar symbol move to the new date but is the Finish date supposed to move too?

Thanks

Steve

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 1:53 PM

All replies

• Hi Steve,

When you are saying "is the Finish date supposed to move too", are you refereing to the dependency finish date or the corresponding task finish date?

Note that the dependency and the corresponding task are 2 separate objects, evenif they are both represented on the same row. They both have a distinct start and finish dates. So the process is:

1. Retrieve the server updates from the deliverables linked to your dependencies,
    2. Once the dependencies new dates retrieved in your project, you have to have to sync the task on the dependency new date.

Thus before the sync between the 2 objects, the task finish date might be different from the dependency finish date. Note also that the dependency start date might have changed but not the dependency finish date (in case the dependency starts later but finishes as planned), thus the finish date might not need to be sync.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 2:08 PM
  • Hi Guillaume, I do mean "corresponding task finish date", so do I take it that Step 2 of the process is a "manual" sync ie the user has to move the corresponding date to the dependency date?

rgds

Steve

Sunday, March 1, 2015 3:20 PM
  • Hi Steve,

The step 2 means that when clicking on "sync dependencies", Project will automatically sync (ie move) the start and finish dates of the selected task(s) with the start and finish dates of the dependency attached to the task.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Sunday, March 1, 2015 8:36 PM