none
FIM Design - Change Workflow Query with SSPR? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys

New to FIM 2010 R2

Our situation..

We want a following design in workflow/s

When a user registers to the company, he/she first set their password via email auth.. For that they can be in a set called "New User".. Once they have done that then they can probably go into new set called "All User" and then they get thrown to a workflow which uses QA and SMS for password reset. For this user has to go through the registration portal, and then enter their mobile number there for the SMS reset..

How to design this or make this transition of when one workflow is completed then the user gets into the 2nd workflow?

Hope I explained myself adequately..

Regards

Monday, October 21, 2013 3:10 AM

All replies

• Hey Guys

Any help with this? I can see probably two MPR needs to be used for it.. but I am not sure how to flow it through

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 10:45 PM
  • So the scenario is that the first time I go to set my password, I use an email OTP code, and then subsequently I register for Q&A and use that? You'd need two AuthN workflows tied to two sets. You could set a custom attribute after the first password reset that controls which set you fall in to, for example.

Thanks, Brian

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 11:42 PM
  • So the scenario is that the first time I go to set my password, I use an email OTP code, and then subsequently I register for Q&A and use that? You'd need two AuthN workflows tied to two sets. You could set a custom attribute after the first password reset that controls which set you fall in to, for example.

Thanks, Brian

Thanks

So first AuthN workflow has the Email set and then at the end it puts the user in another set? and then that set kicks off another MPR based on activity on that set and puts the user in another AuthN workflow which is QA + SMS ?? Is that correct?

Sorry quite new to FIM

Cheers

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 11:44 PM
  • Yes that's it, more or less.

Thanks, Brian

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 11:54 PM
  • Thanks..

So it is going to be a Email AuthN workflow for 1st step?

Cannot see in "Add Activity" a way to put the user in another set once the workflow is complete? Is that going to be handled by a MPR which will look into it?

This MPR will be Set transition or Request?

Just trying to see what kind of structure we will have here?

Regards

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 12:02 AM
  • The Function Evaluator will stamp an attribute for you.

Thanks, Brian

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 12:03 AM
  • So the "Password Reset Email Action Workflow" will stamp an custom attribute after the workflow "Password Reset Email AuthN Workflow" is done?

And then another MPR looks for that attribute and puts the user in another set which will then be picked up by "Password Reset SMS AuthN Workflow" which will contain the QA/SMS gates and "Password Reset SMS Action Workflow" ?

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 12:10 AM