none
Data to Access db 2003, upgrade to 2010 how to map to old data RRS feed

• Question

• Just upgrading  to Project 2010 from 2003 and have found out that Microsoft has taken out the save functionality to do

FileSaveAs Name:=strAccessFileName, FormatID:="MSProject.MDB8", WriteResPassword:=""

I also know they have stripped out the OLEDB functionality as well.

I have a Project connecting data between an Access DB that is receiving data from another source and updating Project.  There are updates to the 2003 MSP_Text_Fields, MSP_Number_Fields, MSP_Date_Field and of course the Assignment, Resource and Task tables.

Does anyone have a way to accomplish getting the data from project to Access and vice versa? 

I have exported using the XML and imported into Access but the Text, Number and Date field tables are not included.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 9:05 PM

All replies

• It's actually more or less still there, just moved - and probably modified a bit.

Check out Project > Visual Reports > Save Data....and you'll get the option to save as an MDB file. 

Andrew Lavinsky [MVP] Blog: http://azlav.umtblog.com Twitter: @alavinsky

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 2:49 AM
  • Hi Andrew,

I have exported and see nothing remotely resembling those tables.  Is there any information on the changes to the data from 2003 to 2007/2010? anything describing the mapping of the new data from the old?

I have the task, assignment and resource kind of mapped.  They have a few fields that are new but for what I need they will work.

Thanks!

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 5:05 PM