none
disable Everyone except external users permission from viewers group in office 365

Question

• Is it possible to disable "Everyone except external users" permission from viewers group in 365 Video? This is the default behavior, I want to make private when creating the channels, if users want to share to others they can add that themselves.   

Yasser

Tuesday, November 1, 2016 7:42 AM

All replies

• Hi Harazi,

As your issue is more related to SharePoint Online, I'll move your question to the forum for SharePoint:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/msonline/en-US/home?forum=onlineservicessharepoint

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Yuki Sun

Wednesday, November 2, 2016 10:10 AM
  • Thanks, i made a mistake I was referring to 365 Video , so my question " is it possible to disable "Everyone except external users" permission from viewers group in 365 Video? This is the default behavior, I want to make private when creating the channels, if users want to share to others they can add that themselves.   

Yasser

• Edited by Harazi Wednesday, November 2, 2016 12:41 PM
    Wednesday, November 2, 2016 12:40 PM
  • i tried to fix the title , i could not , so i repost it https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/0e3b84ab-0ca0-4dfe-b37f-7013bb2f22e6/disable-everyone-except-external-users-permission-from-viewers-group-in-365-video?forum=onlineservicessharepoint 

Yasser

Wednesday, November 2, 2016 12:44 PM
  • 

Hi,

It’s not supported disable the “Everyone except external users” group in SharePoint online. You can only delete it from SharePoint site.

Thanks,

Dean Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, November 3, 2016 12:11 AM
  • I want to disable the sharing to every in the view group in 365 Video

Yasser

Thursday, November 3, 2016 5:25 AM
  • Hi Yasser,

Yes, by default, everyone in your organization can edit and view the Community channel, you need to change these permissions if you like manually.

It’s not supported to change the default behavior by OOB way. You need to create a custom solution to achieve it.

Thanks,

Dean Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, November 10, 2016 10:58 AM
  • Hi

You can disable "Everyone except External users" option from Tenant level using the below powerhshell command:

Set-SPOTenant -ShowEveryoneExceptExternalUsersClaim $false 

The above command hides the "Everyone except external users" claim in the People Picker. This will be applicable to all the sites in Office 365 tenant.

The valid values are:

• True - The Everyone except external users is displayed in People Picker.
    • False - The Everyone except external users claim is not visible in People Picker .
      The default value is True.

Thanks 

Rakhi

• Proposed as answer by Sudheer3041 Thursday, April 12, 2018 6:28 AM
    Friday, November 11, 2016 9:30 AM