Showing sender's email address in Inbox. RRS feed

• Question

• This limitation has plagued several Outlook versions and now Outlook 2019 still has the problem. The sender appears with the name but the email address is hidden. I only know ugly workarounds but no official solution from Microsoft.
    Monday, October 22, 2018 11:39 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Outlook will by default show the Display Name of the sender. Currently, there is no built-in support to display the email address of the senders in Outlook. However, you can display the sender’s e-mail address as a column in the message list by using a custom form configuration file.

See Show sender’s e-mail address as a column in the Message List for more details.

(Note: If you are connecting to an Exchange server, then you won’t see the email addresses (SMTP) of internal users. Instead you’ll see the Exchange address (X500). You cannot change this.)

Besides, you can submit this as a feature request to the UserVoice forum, which is the most direct channel our product team utilizes to collect ideas and suggestions from our customer. Microsoft values all customer feedback. We want to hear from you about how we can make our products better.

Thank you for the understanding and support.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Friday, October 26, 2018 9:52 AM
    Tuesday, October 23, 2018 2:30 AM
  • Just wanted to say hi and check if there is anything that I can do for you on this problem. If so, please do not hesitate to let me know and I will be happy to help.

Best regards,
    Steve Fan 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, October 26, 2018 9:52 AM