Video calls to tandberg while MOC external fail RRS feed

• Question

• We have integrated a bunch of Tandberg MXPs and a Codian bridge into our OCS environment. Our tandbergs are all on the internal network. If a MOC client calls a tandberg while inside the network everything works as expected. We are running into a problem where if an external MOC client calls a tandberg the call fails. The tandberg will recieve the call and able to exepct but there is no video. The moc client will continue to display "connecting call" until the tandberg device ends the call. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks
    Jason
    • Moved by Gavin-Zhang Tuesday, February 9, 2010 11:38 AM (From:Communicator Clients and Devices)
    Wednesday, February 3, 2010 8:27 PM

All replies

• Jason,

This is a complete shot in the dark as I've not run into this before.  But can your Tandberg endpoints and the other equipment ping/resolve the edge servers int IP address/FQDN and AV edge IP address/FQDN? 

Thanks
    Kevin Peters blog: www.ocsguy.com MCITP: Enterprise Administration | MCTS:OCS | MCSE | MCSA | CCNA
    Tuesday, February 9, 2010 2:21 PM
  • Hi Jason,
    I'm pretty sure this is because Tandberg endpoints don't support ICE, which OCS uses for external media streaming. For what it's worth, Polycom endpoints don't support this either. I have heard that this is potentially on the roadmap for both Tandberg/Polycom, but for now, no support.

You see the "call connecting" because the SIP traffic makes it through no prob, but the media can't make it due to no ICE.

Regards,
    Matt

Matt McGillen, PointBridge - https://blogs.pointbridge.com/Blogs/mcgillen_matt/default.aspx
    Tuesday, February 9, 2010 3:03 PM
  • mmcgille,

I think you are are right. The tandbergs do support ICE but it must not comply to MS standards. There is an option under the sip settings to turn ICE on. After writing this post i ran some sipstack and s4 debugs on the edge and i got an error that "turn authentication failed". Im hoping that Tandberg comes up with a fix for this. I've tested this with 8.1 and 8.2 firmware and the results are the same.

Side note: hope your listening tandberg :)
    1. desktop sharing between communicator and tandbergs is much needed in my environment
    2. video calls between mac messenger and tandbergs as also very important.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010 3:41 PM
  • Hi Jason,

To your second point Mac Messenger only supports RTaudio and video which why these calls currently do not complete. In saying that Tandberg may have a solution (gateway) but that a question best asked of Tandberg.

Cheers
    Chris 
    http://voipnorm.blogspot.com/
    Tuesday, February 9, 2010 8:29 PM