Outlook 2016 IMAP sync issues RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have following errors syncing my IMAP gmail folders:

Error synchronizing message 'Message subject' [8004DF03-0-0-322]
    Error synchronizing folder [8004DF03-0-0-560]

What I found out is, that they appear only on folders containig special characters (á, í, č, š...). The only folder that is synchronizing and contains special characters is inbox ('doručená pošta' in my language). I renamed the folders so that they do not contain any special chars and those folders synced properly. It is strange however because all folders have exactly the same name in gmail web app and Outlook and they can be subscribed to,  they just won't sync if there are any special chars.

My issue is now with sent items and trash/bin as those folders can't be renamed and both of them contain special chars. These two folder just won't sync and that's not good since the email account is shared one and I don't see replies from my colleagues in Outlook.

Is there a fix or workaround for this? I searched some forums and topic but couldn't find one. You can read more here as I tried to find a solution to this: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_outlook-mso_other/outlook-2016-not-syncing-gmail-imap-sent-items/480b669a-bdab-48e3-a28b-9398e03417db

Regards
    Daniel

Wednesday, October 5, 2016 7:52 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Clark,

I'm having the same issue as Daniel when syncing folders with Chinese character names. The link you provided makes no sense to our issue.

Xiaofan

Monday, February 12, 2018 3:37 AM
  • Hi Daniel,

Have you finally found a solution to this issue? I'm also stuck with folders with special characters name here.

Thanks!

Xiaofan

Monday, February 12, 2018 3:38 AM