Need Help in Registry of Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I am not sure if this is the right area but I figured it was worth a shot.

I shared all the drive's of my home computer in my home network to access data (Pic's, Videos/Movies, Documents etc) through my phone from any room. Some time our guest's using this computer and i want that they don't see, that my drives are shared in network.

In Windows XP registry by Clearing the value “ntshrui.dll” from String value called Default in "HKCR\Network\SharingHandler"  the hand icon from shared source was removed. But i can't find any registry tweak like this for Windows 7.

Is it some method or command to remove the small share icon from shared sources, or hide that share label, in Windows 7 ??

• Moved by Michael_LS Thursday, June 12, 2014 5:08 AM
    Wednesday, June 4, 2014 4:52 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Do you mean the share overlay icon on the shared folder?

You may want to take a look at this article:

Shared folders in Windows Explorer

I should say this is by design. And if you really want to remove that, you may take a try with the method mentioned in the below thread (Do backup your registry before you make any changes):

How to Remove Windows 7 Sharing Icon

Please note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best regards

Michael Shao
    TechNet Community Support

• Edited by Michael_LS Thursday, June 5, 2014 7:38 AM
    • Marked as answer by Karen Hu Thursday, June 19, 2014 2:16 AM
    Thursday, June 5, 2014 7:37 AM