none
Material resorces and task duration RRS feed

• Question

• Why is it when I imput a material resorce it changes the duration of the task? I have a set duration for the task and have the work resorce assigned to it. Then when I add a material resorce such as a pipe fitting that will be used up by the work resorce while completing the task the duration gets a day added to it for every fitting or pipe or piece of steel that I add to the task.
    Friday, March 15, 2013 2:26 PM

All replies

• Sorry I am using Microsoft Project 2010
    Friday, March 15, 2013 2:33 PM
  • I can't replicate this behavior.  Are you sure you're using material resources?  Can you provide more details?

Andrew Lavinsky [MVP] Blog: http://azlav.umtblog.com Twitter: @alavinsky

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 1:42 AM
  • Sorry it has taken me so long to reply, but yes i am sure they are material resources. Type is material and i Have a few different Groups as weel. Under material on the resource sheet i have "Each and Feet" Some of the materials are bolts or pipe fittings and then some are lengths of steel. I have my prices in the standard rate field. I have discovered that if the duration is less than .06 days it will add a day to the duration. so i don't know what else I can tell you. Please let me know if you can duplicate that now. the duration i have been having problems with is .03 days

Thank you for your time,

Lonnie

Thursday, March 21, 2013 5:06 PM