none
MLS - Roles & Permissions failed to run RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I tried to configure Roles & Permissions on MLS 9.3.0 with Ubuntu Server 16.04 LTS.

LDAP Auth. is done but when I put à unique AD group in appsettings.json, the WebNode failed to start. No log files are created in the dedicated /logs/ folder (even if I set the path in the appsettings.json).

End-Users can 'remoteLogin' with their AD account, it means LDAP AD auth. is working good. I only put an custom (and unique) AD group as you can see below:

"Authorization": {
        "Owner": ["MLS_OWNER"],
        "Contributor": [],
        "Reader": [],
        "CacheLifeTimeInMinutes": 60
      },

And without logs, I have no idea what is wrong.

Thank you in advance,

Niko.

Wednesday, August 8, 2018 11:20 AM

All replies

• One possible reason is that "MLA_OWNER" is not a valid group in the AD.

If you put a log path for the property "LogsPath" under "Logging" in appsetting.json, you will see logs for why the webnode failed to start. 

For example:

"2018-08-08 08:57:37.296 -07:00 [Error] One or more errors occurred. (Unable to find the following group memberships in Active Directory: MLS_OWNER)"

Wednesday, August 8, 2018 4:07 PM
  • Thank you.

I set a log path and this error occurs during the startup...

2018-08-09 10:46:29.841 +02:00 [Error] One or more errors occurred. (Object reference not set to an instance of an object.)
    2018-08-09 10:46:29.841 +02:00 [Error]    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)
       at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Microsoft.MLServer.WebNode.Extensions.ServicesExtensions.AddServices(IServiceCollection serviceCollection, IHostingEnvironment env, IConfigurationRoot configurationRoot, String LogPath)
       at Microsoft.MLServer.WebNode.Startup.ConfigureServices(IServiceCollection services)

Very clear no? ;)

No more details even if I set it to Trace.

Thursday, August 9, 2018 8:54 AM