High speed access to file server/remote server RRS feed

• Question

• I have a customer who wants to set up a remote office in Phoenix and wants quick access to their file server with the need to scale to future growth. Right now they would be at 1-3 employees remotely but may grow up to 8-10.

They currently just VPN in and access the files, but this is sluggish and they will need better access to the files in the near future.

The options I am considering are, favorite to least:

1) Purchasing a higher speed point to point connection

2) Setting up a remote server with DFS

3) Using sync software such as XCOPY/Robocopy to sync the servers.

They need file locking and reliable access to their file server. Their budget is in the 2-6 thousand dollar range roughly. Any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated, thank you!

Friday, August 15, 2014 10:46 PM

All replies

• If I understand your query in right direction, I would like to introduce our free Remote admin tool here that is available at : http://www.lepide.com/lepide-remote-admin.html

By using this tool, you can establish seamless connection with remote computers for effortless administration, troubleshoot and support from any centralized location.

Further, you can view Windows Events Log to troubleshoot remote computer and manage Files, Folders, and Disk drives remotely.

Lepide - Simplifying IT Management

Wednesday, August 20, 2014 9:39 AM