windows 7 PLAIN/SOLID color themes, please help how hard can this be?? RRS feed

• Question

• Please kindly advise me where I can get themepack themes (so no 3rd party ones) based on the windows 7 basic theme or based on the windows areo theme where the coloring is solid and non-patterned.

I know in the advanced windows color menu you can untick the tranparancy but in the color there is still a glow effect/shining in it... if you look at the attached pic which is part of my modzilla browser you see a lining, I just would like plain solid coloring blue-grey whatever but no patterns in it.

How hard can this be? You d think it is easy but I cant find any except for going back to windows classic. only windows 7 basic  comes in the baby blue...........

anybody can help me?

I find thousands of windows 7 areo themes on the web but to me they are all ruined by the fact they are areo and part see through plus multicoloured........

Friday, December 16, 2011 10:23 PM

Answers

• There is some themes from Microsoft Website , you can download and Apply it :  http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/downloads/personalize/themes

Regards,

MCP ✦ MCTS ✦ MCITP
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Friday, December 23, 2011 6:57 AM
    Sunday, December 18, 2011 11:47 AM
  • The reason for the glowing / shining is because of the DWM desktop window management. This is what stops your windows sticking together which used to happen a lot in XP.  Theres noting you can do about that unless you go for a black / mid-grey theme
    Professional In Computing - Please Contact for Help. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by Vishdafish Wednesday, December 21, 2011 4:05 AM
    Wednesday, December 21, 2011 4:05 AM

All replies

• There is some themes from Microsoft Website , you can download and Apply it :  http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/downloads/personalize/themes

Regards,

MCP ✦ MCTS ✦ MCITP
    Sunday, December 18, 2011 11:47 AM
  • The reason for the glowing / shining is because of the DWM desktop window management. This is what stops your windows sticking together which used to happen a lot in XP.  Theres noting you can do about that unless you go for a black / mid-grey theme
    Professional In Computing - Please Contact for Help. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by Vishdafish Wednesday, December 21, 2011 4:05 AM
    Wednesday, December 21, 2011 4:05 AM