Total Column in a Scorecard with Dynamic Columns RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm creating a set of dashboards using PPS M&A features.

One of the dashboards I need to build has:

• A Member Selection Filter, with the Months of a specific Year
    • A Scorecard that gets the selected months as columns (through a filter link)

This is easy, and it works fine: each month I select in the filter, created as new column in the scorecard.

The problem is that I need one extra column in the dashboard that sums up all the selected months: a total column. I haven't been able to build that... can you help me?

The solution I found (temporary one) is to have a second scorecard in the same dashboard, with a link to the same member selection filter. Instead of creating columns for each selected month, it uses the selection as a data filter, presenting only a single column with the total of the selected months. This works but I need it in the same scorecard...

Anyone knows if this is possible?

Thank you.

Best regards,

André Vala.

Tuesday, October 7, 2008 2:16 PM

Answers

• The only thing that is possible is to add the sum aggregation to your scorecard, it will sum the columns of your scorecard, it will not always give you the results you are looking for however.  For example, if you have a percentage KPI, it will sum it over your time periods rather than average it.

To add the sum aggregation, drag the "Sum" member under the aggregations section of the details pane to the far right and add it as the last column of your scorecard.

Thanks,

Alyson

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 2:34 PM