SxS Configuration Error MATLAB2010a and iTunes RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.  I am not a computer savvy guy, so I am hoping someone can square me away on an issue.  I have Windows 7 (64bit) and after Windows ran automatic updates last week a few of my programs stopped working, namely MATLAB and iTunes.  My immediate concern is MATLAB (need it for school) and have tried for a week to resolve the issue and have failed in every attempt:

1)Tried restoring system to time prior to updated (unsuccessful)

2)Tried uninstalling MATLAB2010a (won't even uninstall for same SXS error)

3)Tried re-installing MATLAB2010a (unsuccessful for same error) 

4)Tried downloading/installing MICROSOFT VISUAL C++ 2005 RUNTIME LIBRARIES (vcredist_X64)

5)Tried downloading/installing MICROSOFT VISUAL C++ 2005 RUNTIME LIBRARIES (vcredist_86)

6)Tried downloading/installing MICROSOFT VISUAL C++2010 Express (vc_web) (Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Express Service Pack 1(x64) failed to install all else okay)

7) Tried installing SDK for Windows 7 v7.1 (installation failed)

8) Purchase MATLAB 2011a and tried to install (installation failed for same SXS error)

I ran a SXS trace and the report results are in my SkyDrive:

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=a8436f34848cf88a

If anyone can make sense of them and provide me with some insight to fix this problem I would be much obliged.

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Sunday, August 7, 2011 4:01 AM

Answers

• Hi,

From the SySTrace log:

ERROR: Line 0: XML Syntax error.

It seems there was a problem regarding the manifest files for the MATLAB and ITunes application.

I suggest you open these related manifest files via notepad to check if you could find the syntax error.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Wednesday, August 17, 2011 8:40 AM
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 6:56 AM