Different hardware devices behaving differently with same WIM file and TS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Facing very weird issue with image deployment. I have same image and same TS used to deploy image on 2 different hardware machines. 1 hardware machine detects around 38 new updates once deployment is completed and other device doesn't have any new updates. I am getting confused since both devices are getting patches WIM. Not sure from where 1 hardware model detects new updates for itself? any pointers will be appreciated.

Apart from this, I have few appx applications provisioned in WIM, 1 hardware model (same that detects new updates) doesn't even install the provisioned applications once use logged into the device. Other device I can see provisioned applications coming up once user logs in. Any pointers will be appreciated. Thanks

Regards

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 4:24 PM

All replies

• Well different hardware can cause this. I've seen where the drivers for a particular set of hardware use an out of date .Net files or replace other system files that Windows will later determine needs updating. I find it best to build your reference image on a virtual machine to eliminate possible driver issues. The applications you've added to the image, do they rely on particular hardware or did you add something like QuickTime?
    Wednesday, August 28, 2013 8:51 PM