none
Recalled timesheet not working in Project Server 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am currently using Project server 2007. One of our team members has wrongly entered time for a wrong time period. So we asked him to perform the following actions.  

First, we did recall and delete timesheet. But the changes are not reflect in the plan.

Then we asked him to enter time as zero to all the previously entered task. but the status manager didn't receive any updates.

Finally, we asked him to delete his timesheet and entered zero hours via surrogate timesheet. Again the status manager received no updates.

Please advice!

P.S: We have restricted updates to PWA in our EPM settings

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 3:54 AM

Answers

• Hi Khaldun

There are 2 things in Project Server 2007 PWA

• Task Updates:  From My Work section in PWA , users login to PWA and update the tasks percentage completion for their assigned tasks and submit for approval from their Status Manager, then "Status Manager" accept or reject the tasks update from users and corresponding changes gets synchronized in project plan.
    • Time(Timesheet) Updates: From My Timesheet section in PWA, users login to PWA and create and update their timesheet for desired week and submit for approval from their Timesheet Manager. Then Timesheet Manager approves or rejects the timesheets. Timesheet data does not get synchronize with Project Plan also it does not go to your Status Manager for approval.

So please advise your PWA users to update and submit their corresponding assigned tasks from My Work section in PWA so that Status Manager can approve and reject updates.

Thanks and let me know in case have any other doubts.

Sachin Vashishth MCTS

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 7:11 AM
  • Can you go through once more the Answer give by me.

• Task Updates:  From My Work section in PWA , users login to PWA and update the tasks percentage completion for their assigned tasks and submit for approval from their Status Manager, then "Status Manager" accept or reject the tasks update from users and corresponding changes gets synchronized in project plan.

• Time(Timesheet) Updates: From My Timesheet section in PWA, users login to PWA and create and update their timesheet for desired week and submit for approval from their Timesheet Manager. Then Timesheet Manager approves or rejects the timesheets. Timesheet data does not get synchronize with Project Plan also it does not go to your Status Manager for approval.

So please advise your PWA users to update and submit their corresponding assigned tasks from My Work section in PWA so that Status Manager can approve and reject updates and those update can get synchronize in your Projecct Plan.

Also check this below application in case you want to synchronize your task and Timesheet update

Project Server 2007 Timesheet Tied-Mode Service and Event Handler

Please mark this as answer if this helps you !!!

Sachin Vashishth MCTS

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 12:46 PM

All replies

• Hi Khaldun

So please advise your PWA users to update and submit their corresponding assigned tasks from My Work section in PWA so that Status Manager can approve and reject updates.

Thanks and let me know in case have any other doubts.

Sachin Vashishth MCTS

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 7:11 AM
  • Hi Sachin,

Thanks for your reply. Timesheet updates are not going for status manager approval only for a particular task. Please advice

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 7:19 AM
  • Hi Khaldun,

As Sachin said, submitting new or recalled timesheet will not require any approval from the status manager thus will not trigger any project plan updates. This will only be approved by the timesheet manager.

The user has to update his tasks from my tasks page (or use the import feature), then submit his tasks' update for approval by the status manager.

Hope this helps.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 8:39 AM
  • Hi Khaldun,

As me and Guillaume explained Timesheet update never goes to Status Manager, it goes to Timesheet Manager for approval or rejection.

Only Task updates from My Task goes to Status Manager for approval and then gets synchronized with Project Plan.

Let us know more details (step by step instructions) in case still have any doubts/questions.

Thanks !!!

Sachin Vashishth MCTS

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 10:45 AM
  • Hi Sachin/Guillaume,

Thanks for your reply. We have recalled & deleted the timesheet and re-entered the time but the value is not reflected in the plan even though the timesheet status is "Approved". Please advice

Thanks 

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 3:59 AM
  • Hi Khaldun,

As we explained above Timesheet data does not get synchronize with project plan.

Time(Timesheet) Updates: From My Timesheet section in PWA, users login to PWA and create and update their timesheet for desired week and submit for approval from their Timesheet Manager. Then Timesheet Manager approves or rejects the timesheets. Timesheet data does not get synchronize with Project Plan also it does not go to your Status Manager for approval.

Sachin Vashishth MCTS

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 12:00 PM
  • Hi Sachin,

Thanks for your reply. Is there way to make it work? We have performed the recall & delete operation a number times already. Please advice.

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 12:16 PM
  • Can you go through once more the Answer give by me.

So please advise your PWA users to update and submit their corresponding assigned tasks from My Work section in PWA so that Status Manager can approve and reject updates and those update can get synchronize in your Projecct Plan.

Also check this below application in case you want to synchronize your task and Timesheet update

Project Server 2007 Timesheet Tied-Mode Service and Event Handler

Please mark this as answer if this helps you !!!

Sachin Vashishth MCTS

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 12:46 PM