SCSM 2016 can Connect with PRTG & Soler wind??? RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Team,

I am trying to get anything regardingSCSM 2016 connector with PRTG & Solerwind can anyone provide steps or documents.

I shallbe very thankful to you.

Regards,

Zaki

Friday, July 12, 2019 10:26 AM

Answers

• Hi Zaki,

I am afraid that there are no connectors or plug-ins for intergrating SCSM with PRT or Solarwinds whatsoever.

You can integrate SCSM with Solarwinds over System Center Orchestrator. There is a integration pack for SCOrch and Solarwinds, developed by Kelverion:

INTEGRATION PACK FOR SOLARWINDS ORION

Of course there is also a IP (integration pack) for SCSM. So this scenario can be covered.

Still I was unable to find any kind of IP for PRTG.

The other option you have is to leverage the REST APIs of the tools (if they have one, of course) and use PowerShell to build your own custom connector. Apart from this there aren't that many options for integrating SCSM neither with Solarwinds, nor with PRTG.

Hope I was able to clarify this for you.

Regards,

(Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!) Blog: https://blog.pohn.ch/ Twitter: @StoyanChalakov

Friday, July 12, 2019 10:56 AM

All replies

• Hi Zaki,

I am afraid that there are no connectors or plug-ins for intergrating SCSM with PRT or Solarwinds whatsoever.

You can integrate SCSM with Solarwinds over System Center Orchestrator. There is a integration pack for SCOrch and Solarwinds, developed by Kelverion:

INTEGRATION PACK FOR SOLARWINDS ORION

Of course there is also a IP (integration pack) for SCSM. So this scenario can be covered.

Still I was unable to find any kind of IP for PRTG.

The other option you have is to leverage the REST APIs of the tools (if they have one, of course) and use PowerShell to build your own custom connector. Apart from this there aren't that many options for integrating SCSM neither with Solarwinds, nor with PRTG.

Hope I was able to clarify this for you.

Regards,

(Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!) Blog: https://blog.pohn.ch/ Twitter: @StoyanChalakov

Friday, July 12, 2019 10:56 AM
  • Thank you Stoyan,

Appreciated Man for your kind comments if you get anything regarding SCSM 2016 connector please let me know i shall be very thankful to you.

Regards,

Zaki

Friday, July 12, 2019 12:33 PM
  • As far as I know it's possible to start a PowerShell script by PRTG as a notification (Execute Program notification). But I never tried or tested this.

If this will be possible you should be able to interact with SCSM using the SMlets (PowerShell cmdlets for SCSM).

But you have to create everything by yourself.

If PRTG is able to "receive" PowerShell commands it should be possible to interact from SCSM with PTRG as well.

But again: You have to create/develop everything by yourself.

Andreas Baumgarten

Saturday, July 13, 2019 7:03 AM