none
How to define a "max hour" budget for each ressource RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I need to define the "max hour" budget for each personal ressource in my project. I want to define, that ressource "Max Mustermann"  has f.e an max time budget about 150 h. And now i want to monitor how many hour does he has left, after i planned some activities with him.

Question 1.) Where i can define the max h budget for each ressource

Question 2.) How i can monitor this budget?

Thanks you for your suggestions!

Sunday, August 19, 2018 12:02 PM

Answers

• Helmi-93,

There is no "max hours" per se for a resource but what you really want to do is to set the Max Units on the Resource Sheet to the appropriate level for each resource. For example, if Joe is a full time employee working the standard calendar, the Max Units is 100% which means he can work 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week. On the other hand if Joe only works half time, the Max Units would be 50% (4 hours per day).

Project will automatically monitor the resource's assignments and if the resource is overallocated, Project will raise a red flag (little red man in the Indicators field on the Gantt Chart view, and will display the resource's name in a red font on the Resource Sheet). You can set the threshold for overallocation under Resource > Level group > Leveling options.

As far as monitoring a resource's work level there are several fields that are available, such as, assignment level, total work, cumulative work, etc. for any given time period. The screen shot below shows the work metrics for Joe who is assigned at 75% to a one week task. You can adjust the timescale of the Resource Usage view to show any desired time period.

Hope this helps.

John

• Marked as answer by helmi-93 Sunday, August 19, 2018 2:01 PM
    Sunday, August 19, 2018 1:45 PM

All replies

• Helmi-93,

There is no "max hours" per se for a resource but what you really want to do is to set the Max Units on the Resource Sheet to the appropriate level for each resource. For example, if Joe is a full time employee working the standard calendar, the Max Units is 100% which means he can work 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week. On the other hand if Joe only works half time, the Max Units would be 50% (4 hours per day).

Project will automatically monitor the resource's assignments and if the resource is overallocated, Project will raise a red flag (little red man in the Indicators field on the Gantt Chart view, and will display the resource's name in a red font on the Resource Sheet). You can set the threshold for overallocation under Resource > Level group > Leveling options.

As far as monitoring a resource's work level there are several fields that are available, such as, assignment level, total work, cumulative work, etc. for any given time period. The screen shot below shows the work metrics for Joe who is assigned at 75% to a one week task. You can adjust the timescale of the Resource Usage view to show any desired time period.

Hope this helps.

John

• Marked as answer by helmi-93 Sunday, August 19, 2018 2:01 PM
    Sunday, August 19, 2018 1:45 PM
  • @ John -  Project

Thank's you for your fast and helpfully answer!

It' is not the perfect way for my projects because we work with "hour-agreements". To manage this agreements it would be a nice solution to have a field like "max-hour". But I can make a nice workaround with your solution and calculate the hours as a percentage value of a calendar week.  

Thank's you!

Sunday, August 19, 2018 2:08 PM
  • helmi-93,

You're welcome and thanks for the feedback.

John

Sunday, August 19, 2018 3:16 PM