none
IPAM Permissions RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have to delegate permissions to 3 admins so that they can help me administer our environment using IPAM. When I take a look at local groups and when I check what members of those groups can do, not a one of them is giving me the option I need. Almost all of those groups are giving more access then needed? 
    Is there a way to configure permissions so that they don't have full access?
    Saturday, September 2, 2017 1:41 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You will need to use Role Based Access Control (RBAC) to delegate special permissions.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. 
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

nedimmehic.org

• Marked as answer by Dejan D Saturday, September 2, 2017 2:36 PM
    Saturday, September 2, 2017 1:53 PM
  • The core concept of RBAC is what you can do and where you can do it. With RBAC you can do certain stuff but you can only do it in a specific backyard. For example we can grant permissions to only create and delete DNS records in one specific DNS zone or to only create scopes or maybe to only create specific DNS records.

RBAC consists of three related components: Roles, Access Scopes and Access Polices. First you will configure roles, then access scopes and last is access polices and access policies are the combination of roles and access scopes.

You can learn more about it at

https://nedimmehic.org/2017/06/12/install-and-configure-ip-address-management-ipam-2016-part-3/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. 
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

nedimmehic.org

• Marked as answer by Dejan D Saturday, September 2, 2017 2:36 PM
    Saturday, September 2, 2017 2:16 PM

All replies

• Hello Nedim,

Many thanks for prompt reply. What do you mean by Role Based Access Control (RBAC)? How to configure it?
    Saturday, September 2, 2017 2:06 PM