Soundmax Integrated Digital HD Audio RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all, I am needing some help. Just got Skype and it needs a diferent audio. their suggestion for default device is SoundMax.I have RealTek. I have an Acer Aspire One Netbook - Windows 7 and was wondering where I can get the free Virus Proof download for this. Husband  and I chat long distance and messenger not always available in all areas. 

Thank Jeanie1978

Sunday, July 11, 2010 5:21 AM

Answers

• Hi, From the problem description, I cannot understand what audio issue you encountered when using Skype?But you may update the audio card drivers for Windows 7 to improve the stability. Microsoft does provide a free antivirus program, Microsoft Security Essentials. You may download it from the following link: http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/default.aspx?mkt=en-us Regards,
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, July 13, 2010 3:03 AM

All replies

• hi, 

it seems you have 2 options for audio output, since skype suggests soundmax due to hardware availability recognition.  Are you sure you have realtek soundcard?

Regards,

CO

Sunday, July 11, 2010 7:39 AM
  • Hi, From the problem description, I cannot understand what audio issue you encountered when using Skype?But you may update the audio card drivers for Windows 7 to improve the stability. Microsoft does provide a free antivirus program, Microsoft Security Essentials. You may download it from the following link: http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/default.aspx?mkt=en-us Regards,
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, July 13, 2010 3:03 AM