How to Move the internal WSS 3.0 database? RRS feed

• Question

• hello,

We have a sharepoint wss 3.0 installed and window internal database installed.  This server is not the domain controller.  We are building the new server and also have sharepoint 3.0 and window interanal database installed.

i have 2 questions:

1) How can we move the database from c: to d: drive in the new server.  WE have the diskspace issue. 

2) After we have step one done, can we move the content of the database from old server to the new server. 

Thanks very much for reply.

Ps: can't find the exact match of forum category from the list.  This is the closest that i can select from.

• Moved by Lily Wu Friday, July 15, 2011 2:44 AM WSS 3.0 issue. Thanks. (From:SharePoint 2010 - General Questions and Answers)
    • Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, July 15, 2011 10:24 AM Original title of "sharepoint wss 3.0" was not helpful
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, July 15, 2011 10:25 AM clearly an admin question so why it was moved to the general forum I do not know (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Wednesday, July 13, 2011 6:41 PM

Answers

All replies