Sharepoint Online - How to move/copy a survey and it´r results to a subsite RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I actually want to do a simple action, but I fear that there is no simple solution. How to I copy or move a survey on Sharepoint Online to a subpage. The challenge lies in the fact that the answers and the Created By column should also be included in the survey. And the Created By column should not contain my user ID.

Many thanks for your help.

• Edited by sg-gouranga Thursday, September 13, 2018 6:53 AM
    Thursday, September 13, 2018 6:52 AM

All replies

• Hi

You can export your survey list with content included and recreate it in your sub site.

List settings -> Permissions and Management -> Save list as template

As for created by column, you need code for that, PowerShell or CSOM with C#.

http://www.sharepointdiary.com/2016/11/update-created-by-modified-by-created-at-modified-at-values-using-powershell.html

Justin Liu Office Servers and Services MVP, MCSE
    Senior Software Engineer
    Please Vote and Mark as Answer if it helps you.

Thursday, September 13, 2018 8:02 AM
  • Uh, that seems a bit complicated for such a basic requirement.

I´m not deep into programming and what I understand as I´ve checked your script is, that I have to enter the new "created by" ID manually? This would also mean, that for my over 300 survey results from different user IDs, i have to create and execute the script 300 times?

Thursday, September 13, 2018 8:37 AM
  • The script is just a reference for you.

If you need to keep the author of the items, you need find the mapping relation between the survey lists in your site and sub site.

If you want a simple way, try a 3rd tool like APElement's FLY.

https://www.apelements.com/products/migration

Justin Liu Office Servers and Services MVP, MCSE
    Senior Software Engineer
    Please Vote and Mark as Answer if it helps you.

Thursday, September 13, 2018 9:02 AM