SCOM HP Esx Server Agentess Managment Pack RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

i am trying to configure HP Vmware Agentless managment pack and I have one diffcult to configure it.

Under HP DMC Console while configuring Agentless Server monitoring it is asking for Community string. Is there any one who configured this monitoring without community string. As per my understanding its not possible but is there any way we can configure it without community string.

Omkar umarani SCOM STUDENT

Monday, May 12, 2014 5:06 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

you must enter community string because monitoring is based on SNMP.

For more information refer to HP Device Monitor (v 1.2) for Microsoft

Regards,

Ivan

Monday, May 12, 2014 9:09 AM
  • I think you can if you have HP Insight Control for System Center

• The HP ProLiant and BladeSystem Management Packs expose the native capabilities of ProLiant and BladeSystem servers and enclosures to help prevent problems from occurring by proactively monitoring and managing hardware health and intelligently responding to hardware events on servers running Windows.
    • The HP ProLiant Agentless Management Pack manages the health of ProLiant Gen8 servers without the need for loading OS-based SNMP agents or WBEM providers. It can also be used to monitor the health of servers that do not have an OS yet loaded, as well as ProLiant Gen8 servers running any operating system that has a supported Agentless Monitoring Service (such as VMware ESXi).
    • The HP ProLiant Linux and VMware Management Packs provide the ability to monitor hardware health and configuration, as well as to receive HP hardware alerts, on ProLiant servers running Linux and VMware ESX.
    • Supports SCOM 2007 and SCOM 2012 for all HP SCOM management packs.

Also you can refer below link

http://myitforum.com/myitforumwp/2012/06/28/hp-releases-insight-control-support-for-system-center-2012-with-version-7-1/

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question, please click "Mark As Answer" Mai Ali | My blog: Technical | Twitter: Mai Ali

Monday, May 12, 2014 4:19 PM
  • The attached document is fabulous and it has all information that i was looking for thank you so much for help.

Omkar umarani SCOM STUDENT

Monday, May 12, 2014 4:26 PM