none
This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator. RRS feed

• Question

• I recently upgraded my laptop from Windows 7 to windows 10. I had to reinstall the copies of Office 2010 I had purchased in the store in Box/Disk that I had on this exact computer prior to the operating system upgrade. When I opened it, it says its activated, but when I try to check for updates I get the following message. "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." I'm not even sure what that means to do.

Saturday, October 12, 2019 6:56 AM

All replies

• Are you able to update Windows?

There is no issue with activation but you might need to restart your PC and try again.

Saturday, October 12, 2019 4:05 PM
  • Check this article to see if can fix your issue.

Links do not open: This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer

https://www.msoutlook.info/question/242

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 14, 2019 9:24 AM