none
Outlook running slow after default reply doamin changed RRS feed

• Question

• our company is using  @company.com as our default domain. a few years ago, we added @abccompany.com as our default domain for a few departments. Recently we added another domain @xyzcompany.com and make it as default reply domain for the whole company. so now users should have ability to receive emails for all these email domains.

we also add these domains as alias on postini (they are either using @company.com or @abccompany.com or @xyzcompany.com as the primary one)

However, outlook users seems fine when they work on LAN without changing their Outlook profiles, but some remote users outlook running extremely slow recently (keep says not responding). I checked those users' Outlook profiles are @abccompany.com. Do i need to reset all these users' profile to @xyzcompany.com to make them work normally.

• Edited by beidog Wednesday, October 23, 2013 4:35 PM
    Wednesday, October 23, 2013 4:31 PM

Answers

• If AutoDiscover is working the profile should have been updated without intervention.

If you want to see if a new profile helps (and it may) then have a few of those "slow" users create a new profile and let Outlook create the profile automatically.

I've seen plenty of Outlook problems over the years that are "fixed" by creating a new profile. There's an amazing amount of "stuff" in a profile and all of it isn't always updated properly.

If you've ever overridden the AutoDiscover process by supplying a XML file and modifying registry settings it might be time to find those clients and try AutoDiscover again. :-)

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE&I, Exchange MVP

Thursday, October 24, 2013 9:32 PM

All replies

• What version, service pack and rollup hotfix of Exchange?  What version of Outlook?

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 11:00 PM
  • Exchange 2007 and Outlook 2010. it just some users have this problem.
    Thursday, October 24, 2013 5:15 PM
  • If AutoDiscover is working the profile should have been updated without intervention.

If you want to see if a new profile helps (and it may) then have a few of those "slow" users create a new profile and let Outlook create the profile automatically.

I've seen plenty of Outlook problems over the years that are "fixed" by creating a new profile. There's an amazing amount of "stuff" in a profile and all of it isn't always updated properly.

If you've ever overridden the AutoDiscover process by supplying a XML file and modifying registry settings it might be time to find those clients and try AutoDiscover again. :-)

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE&I, Exchange MVP

Thursday, October 24, 2013 9:32 PM