none
Windows Live Mail folder share to two Windows RRS feed

• Question

• I have one Desktop(Windows Vista) and Notebook(Windows 7). Both are using Windows Live Mail.
    1. Use the Windows Vista export the Windows Live Mail to Removable Harddisk.
    2. Use the Windows 7 open Windows Live Mail, than appear error code is 0X8E5E0408.
    3. Return to use Windows Vista open it, also appear this code.

Is it save the email to removable harddisk for share to few PC is not work?
    Otherwise, have any solution for this case?

Best Regards,
    Chris Tang
    Monday, January 18, 2010 2:12 AM

Answers

All replies

• the easy way is just go into the advanced settings on the email account, set it leave on server and tell it when to delete from server
    I set all accounts to delete from server when deleted from deleted items.

Now you can store the emails on the remote server and view (POP or whatever) them on both computers.
    Monday, January 18, 2010 2:57 AM
  • Thank you for your help!

It is because I have too many email stored on PC and Notebook. The Capacity around 32GB. I want out of office can read all the emails. The email server can not store all emails, So I am thinking store on removed HD.

Best Regards,
    Chris Tang
    Monday, January 18, 2010 3:22 AM
  • Hi,

Since it is a Windows Live Mail related question, I suggest you create thread in the following forum and discuss there.

Windows Live Events and Toolbar

Arthur Xie - MSFT
    Tuesday, January 19, 2010 6:52 AM
  • I am struggling with this issue as well.  Where do you find the Advanced setting in Windows Live to set email to be left on the server and when to delete ?
    Wednesday, November 25, 2015 3:44 PM