FAST ESP 5.3 - Business Center statistics and general support question RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

I'm sorry if these are very newbie or overly general questions but I've been dropped in at the deep end as our FAST guru has left.

In the Search Business Centre, if I click on the "This Month" section on the left the number of queries being reported is much less than in previous months and the graph shows great patches of time with no queries being logged.  Does anyone have any pointers to where to start looking for what might be wrong?  It looks like the statistics collection is working fine some of the time but not other times.

We're running ESP 5.3 on Windows 2003 Server.  I've looked in var/log but, frankly, have no idea where to start.

Secondly, is there any way of getting paid support for Fast ESP?  We're supposed to have a support contract but the site I've been given (oas.support.microsoft.com) hasn't been working for some time now and I can't find anything other than these forums on the Microsoft support site?

Thanks for any help

Kevin

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 4:44 PM

Answers

• Kevin,
    Query Reporting in the SBC is designed to use the logtransformer framework and report on the queries that are coming into each qrserver in an ESP installation.If you are having gaps in reporting, the first thing you would want to check is to confirm if you have valid querylogs from these missing timeframes. i.e queries are issued to the qrserver and logged in var/log/querylogs. Please note that for queries to be reported in the SBC, they need to contain  the annotation_class ="user" parameter in the query.
    Next, check the logtransformer logs if you have any errors during these periods. i.e

%FASTSEARCH%\var\log\esp4j-apps\logtransformer.log

As for support, please check with your Techinical Account Manager and they should be able to help you.

• Marked as answer by Rob Va - MSFT Friday, March 22, 2013 7:41 PM
    Wednesday, February 27, 2013 9:32 PM