Unable to delete completed migration jobs RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am doing a ConfigMgr 2007 to Configmgr 2012 migration.

I have setup some migration test jobs that now have been completed. I would like to delete those jobs but the delete option is grayed out on the migration jobs with the status “completed”. I was able to delete all the jobs that have failed.

In another post here on the forum the following is suggested:

"From Source Hierarchy, select your Source Site Code - stop gathering data, then you can delete completed jobs.."

I have stopped the gathering of data from the source hierarchy but I am still not able to delete the completed migration jobs.

Any suggestions?

Thomas Forsmark Soerensen

Sunday, January 27, 2013 5:56 PM

Answers

• Once you click stop gathering data, you will need to select "Clean Up Migration Data" from the Source Hierarchy node. This will remove the source site that was being migrated and will also delete migration job history for that site (This is the only way to remove completed migration jobs).

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg712677.aspx

After you stop gathering data from each source site in the source hierarchy, you can clean up migration data. Until you clean up migration data, each migration job that has run or that is scheduled to run remains accessible in the Configuration Manager console.

Justin Chalfant | Blog: setupconfigmgr.com | SCUP Catalog: patchmypc.net/scup | Please mark as helpful/answer if this resovled your issue

• Edited by Justin Chalfant Sunday, January 27, 2013 6:10 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Justin Chalfant Wednesday, January 30, 2013 1:52 PM
    • Marked as answer by Forsmark Wednesday, January 30, 2013 2:05 PM
    Sunday, January 27, 2013 6:05 PM