none
Project server 2007 ,2 tier setup RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to deploy 2 tier setup of project server 2007.i have made two machines ready as application server and database server.i have installed windows server 2003 R2 sp2 .

I have put it in domain as xyz.com.....As the active directory is present in domain controller machine which is having windows server 2008..

they do not have dns as they all use static ip....i request it department to create a user as epmadmin...i got it...i am able to log on to two of my machine that is application and database server.....but when i tried to give this epmadmin the administrator right in these two servers,i succumbed with a error that THE SERVER IS NOT OPERATIONAL .....Can anyone suggest why?

Is it a compatibility issue of windows server 2003 and 2008?

or

Issue of DNS?

or

is there any case with permission of user?

Should i create a new ad and domain controller as well as dns for this 2 Tier setup and put it along in trusted domain?

Awaiting response

regards

shashi

shashi mishra
    Friday, January 14, 2011 10:38 AM

Answers

• I would concur with Gary - remove and readd the machines to the domain.  It sounds like the servers are not communicating properly with Active Directory.  I would also get your AD guys to have a look at it - they should be able to sort it out for  you quite quickly.
    Thursday, January 20, 2011 1:18 PM

All replies

• Shashi:

Not much to go on. Are you certain that the applicaiton server and SQL server are members of the domain? I haven't used WinServer 2003 in a while, but I do remember having to force a machine to join the domain more than once from time to time.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG
    Friday, January 14, 2011 3:55 PM
  •  

hi Gary ,

Thank you for your reply

I was not able to get the local admin right on the servers for a user of AD but these two are definitely  the members of domain.any clues.

shashi mishra
    Saturday, January 15, 2011 6:29 AM
  • I would concur with Gary - remove and readd the machines to the domain.  It sounds like the servers are not communicating properly with Active Directory.  I would also get your AD guys to have a look at it - they should be able to sort it out for  you quite quickly.
    Thursday, January 20, 2011 1:18 PM
  • Hello,

thanks to all of you for your replies...

It has been solved,actually the DNS server was not configured on the servers so we did it via WINS...

thank you all......

shashi mishra
    Wednesday, January 26, 2011 3:52 PM