none
Enterprise/Domain admins

Question

• I'm trying to configure Windows Server Essentials on a 2012R2 standard server which is domain joined (looking at using the media extensions for streaming media to around 4000 staff).Our AD (not un-standard) has a top level (AD.Local) which has 3 Enterprise admins in it. When I try to configure it's insisting the user has to be in Enterprise admins and Domain admins and local admins on the server. I've added the users to the local admins but can't see any way to add them to the Domain admins at the level the server is at (company.ad.local) and the wizard keeps on failing.

Any thoughts gratefully accepted.

Cheers

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 8:49 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    What error message is showed when the user failed to be added?
    And have you checked if the DC is running in health and the replication is working well? You could run the following command tools on DC to check further:
    -> DCDIAG /V /C /D /E /s: dcname > c:\dcdiag.log , 
    -> repadmin.exe /showrepl dc* /verbose /all /intersite > c:\repl.txt
    Best regards, 
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, April 28, 2017 5:05 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Wendy

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, May 1, 2017 4:57 AM
  • Wendy

Apologies for the delay - yesterday was a bank holiday in the UK.

The error I'm getting is as below. As it happens I'm not an Enterprise Admin but it's exactly the same when run as one.

Tuesday, May 2, 2017 8:53 AM
  • Tuesday, May 2, 2017 1:00 PM
  • Hi,
    First of all, thank you for the feedback and share the link, so have you tried the solution in the reference link? And is it working for you?
    If yes, we would appreciate you to mark the reply as answer, it will be greatly helpful to others who have the same question. If you still have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
    Best regards, 
    Wendy

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 6:45 AM