Error when launching an applications with arguments - RDS RemoteApp RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to setup remote app to launch our enterprise door access and security application (CCURE 10) and our Enterprise backup application (CommVault Simpana). These 2 application executables have arguments. I can install them and launch them just fine on the Remote Desktop Session Host server (RWSH), but from the Remote Desktop Web application page I get an error. The other CCure client (Monitoring Station client) which has no arguments launches just fine.

When I launch Ccure I get an error:Window titled Error: **Unable to open parameter file cc800cl.pf, errno2. (1247)

CCURE RemoteApp properties:

Alias: prowin32

Always use the command line argument: -p source\cc_start.p -basekey "INI" -pf cc800cl.pf -param " -p source\cc_main.p"

That parameter file is located in this directory E:\CCURE800\4gl

For our commvault backup application I get this error: Window titled Java Virtual Machine Launcher: Unable to access jarfile cv.jar.

CommVault RemoteApp properties:

Alias: javaw

Always use the following command line arguments: -jar cv.jar cv-commserve01.american.edu 8401 -oemid=1

So far it seems like programs that require arguments just don't launch.

So far I have been successful setting up and launching the applications below. (We are using Win2008r2 for all servers and windows 7 for clients)

Blackboard Transaction System 3.6 (Our Enterprise POS and debit card program)

SQL Studio 2008R2

Ccure Monitoring Station client

Calc : )

Any suggestions would be hugely appreciated

Wednesday, December 15, 2010 6:54 PM

Answers

All replies

• have you tried to add the whole path to the parameter file as part of the argument:

-p source\cc_start.p -basekey "INI" -pf E:\CCURE800\4gl\cc800cl.pf -param " -p source\cc_main.p"

Hope this helps,

Kristin L. Griffin

Co-Author of the Windows Server 2008 Terminal Services Resource Kit (and a SUPER BIG fan of the Microsoft RDV Team!!!) 

My RDS blog: blog.kristinlgriffin.com

The new Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Remote Desktop Services Resource Kit will be out in December 2010!
    Wednesday, December 15, 2010 7:24 PM
  • Close but no cigar, I get a splash screen now with the Ccure program but same error. With commvault I get the same error except instead of saying Unable to access jarfile cv.jar. It says Unable to access jarfile c:\program (looks like the full patch gets cut off)

Is there any log I can look at, I wonder if there is a way to find out what location it's trying to access the file, then i can try making a symbolic link or hard link to it.

Thanks fo your reply.

Prashant Sinha Systems Engineer American University Washington DC
    Wednesday, December 15, 2010 7:59 PM
  • yeah, I get the same problem, any resolutions yet?
    Friday, December 17, 2010 12:22 AM
  • can you put the path in quotes?
    Hope this helps,

Kristin L. Griffin

Co-Author of the Windows Server 2008 Terminal Services Resource Kit (and a SUPER BIG fan of the Microsoft RDV Team!!!) 

My RDS blog: blog.kristinlgriffin.com

The new Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Remote Desktop Services Resource Kit will be out in December 2010!
    • Marked as answer by Alan Zhu Tuesday, December 28, 2010 7:03 AM
    Friday, December 17, 2010 12:28 AM
  • Prashant, I was getting the same error today while trying to get C-Cure to run in Windows 7 using Windows XP Mode.  Every component of C-Cure would run except for the Administration tool, which was quite annoying!

I solved the problem by putting the full command line into a batch file and running it from the CCURE800\4gl folder.

I hope this helps! :)

• Proposed as answer by packcubsmu Thursday, November 17, 2016 6:04 PM
    Thursday, September 22, 2011 11:17 PM