none
Windows 10 Pin and Group Policy RRS feed

• Question

• I was testing a group policy on my laptop. This was created in a domain environment. However, for testing purposes I wanted to make sure that the pin expiration would work. I set it to expire after 2 days. I have since changed the setting to be more reasonable. I am still being prompted to change the pin every 2 days. I checked rsop from the domain controller, from my computer and neither are displaying expiration after 2 days. I checked the registry and it is not set for 2 days either. Why am I being prompted still?

Roger Stumbaugh

Tuesday, June 19, 2018 12:56 PM

All replies

• Hello ,

Thanks for your post.

According to my knowledge, we would confirm the path of registry.

The location of Registry Editor is: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\PassportForWork\PINComplexity.

If possible, could you please provide some screenshots of Group Policy result and the registry settings.

Hope above information can help you. If you have anything unclear, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Kallen Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 20, 2018 10:09 AM

• Roger Stumbaugh

Friday, June 22, 2018 1:28 PM

• Roger Stumbaugh

Friday, June 22, 2018 1:36 PM
  • Any idea why windows is still prompting me to change the pin every two days? I have even removed the machine from the domain and re-added it back to the domain.

Roger Stumbaugh

Monday, June 25, 2018 12:19 PM
  • Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

According to the screenshots and your description, we would like to confirm something.

After removing the machine from the domain, before re-adding it back to the domain, is there still the promotion for you to change the pin ? Is there any other setting on your machine?

We just want to know more information in order to work further.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Kallen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 26, 2018 6:38 AM
  • I rejoined the computer to the domain the same day. I also logged in as local admin to re-add the computer to the domain. Every place I check for Group Policy settings says the pin should expire in 183 days, even the registry. So, I'm confused what is actually prompting for pin change every 2 days.

Roger Stumbaugh

Tuesday, June 26, 2018 8:56 PM
  • Any ideas?

Roger Stumbaugh

Wednesday, July 11, 2018 2:38 PM