none
SharePoint online, hide certain people in People Picker

Question

• Hi there,

I have a customer who wants to hide certain users from the People picker in SharePoint Online. They don't want their employees to accidental choose these users when selecting people to share something with.

The nearest thing I have found is the Set-SPOTenant command, where you can hide ”All Users”, ”Everyone” og ”Everyone except external users”, but not individual users.

Does anyone know if it's possible to hide users in the people picker?

Kind regards

Anders

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 11:21 AM

All replies

• Hi Anders,

I noticed that your issue is related to the SharePoint Online and this forum focuses on general discussion for Office 365 ProPlus which is the version of Office that comes with many Office 365 plans.

Therefore, I will move your thread to SharePoint Online forum for more help. Hope you can find the solution there :)

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 9:52 AM
  • Hi Anders,

Per my experience, it is not supported to hide certain people in People Picker when users try to share contents with individual users.

Thus, I would suggest you submit a feedback to the SharePoint User Voice Platform if there any expectation about the future version of SharePoint:

http://sharepoint.uservoice.com/.

It is a place for customers provide feedback about SharePoint and office 365. What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,

Victoria

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, September 29, 2016 6:40 AM