none
capture financials in pdp RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I thought i recall seeing a screenshot where you can enter financial data into a PDP - is there anything that can be done in pdp in project online? or was that screenshot something I saw from an sdk pack for on prem proj server?

thanks

Nikki

Thursday, June 1, 2017 6:57 AM

Answers

• Hi Nikki,

Indeed at a certain time (oct 2015 roadmap), Microsoft was planning to integrate in Project Online the Financials app bought to Projectum. But the roadmap has moved and this is not anymore planned.

You can always look for another app or customization provided by a third-party, or used the standard Project Online capabilities to enter financial data: custom fields in PDP, budget resources in MS Project for example.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

• Marked as answer by Nikki Scott Thursday, June 1, 2017 7:18 AM
    Thursday, June 1, 2017 7:09 AM

All replies

• Hi Nikki,

Indeed at a certain time (oct 2015 roadmap), Microsoft was planning to integrate in Project Online the Financials app bought to Projectum. But the roadmap has moved and this is not anymore planned.

You can always look for another app or customization provided by a third-party, or used the standard Project Online capabilities to enter financial data: custom fields in PDP, budget resources in MS Project for example.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

• Marked as answer by Nikki Scott Thursday, June 1, 2017 7:18 AM
    Thursday, June 1, 2017 7:09 AM
  • thank you for the prompt response I knew I had seen it somewhere..the pdp's are a tad clunky from a user experience perspective (ie you cant grid format it etc..) and its not designed to so we wont hack at it. third party apps seem to always break. best bet - sharepoint list :)

thanks again :)

Thursday, June 1, 2017 7:18 AM