none
SharePoint Online Wiki Categories

Question

• Hello

I've created an Enterprise Wiki sub site and have noticed that I am unable to tag the page with a category under the ratings option on the right of the page. How do I get that to work?

Thanks

Yoshi

Monday, February 20, 2017 12:37 AM

All replies

• Hi Yoshi,

You can click Edit Properties button under PAGE section in this page, then type the category you needed in the edit form.

Thanks,

Dean Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 7:33 AM
  • Hi Dean

Thanks for your quick response. I have worked out how to add the Wiki Categories under Properties but I'm not having much luck with getting it to work on the wiki page itself as in the screenshot below.

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 10:04 AM
  • Hi,

Yes, you need to edit the page properties to add wiki category (I provided above), then the selected category will show on the right of the page.

Thanks,

Dean Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 10:42 AM
  • I have done exactly as you've said but the category doesn't show on my SharePoint online page. The wiki categories column is a metadata column connected to the term store. Everything is working except for the category not showing on my page.
    Tuesday, February 21, 2017 11:18 AM
  • Hi,

If you create a new Enterprise Wiki sub site, will the issue occur?

If the issue doesn’t exist, please check for the difference of html/css code between the two pages.

If the issue still occurs, please check for the code of the category part in the page to see if it has been hidden by some customizations.

How to select element in page by internet explorer developer for your reference:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg589500(v=vs.85).aspx

Thanks,

Dean Wang

Monday, March 13, 2017 1:03 AM
  • This is an Office 365 site and no customizations have been made. The site is OOTB.
    Monday, March 13, 2017 9:44 PM