none
Change in Forecast period for Trend Analysis Chart shows Error !!!! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have created a Trend Analysis Chart in PPS Dashboard designer, using Analysis cube as my Data source.

My Chart only shows Actual Values.

In forecast period box, my default value is 0, but when I change that value to 1 or 2 it gives error as:

“A connection cannot be made. Ensure that the server is running.”

I'm not able to see the Red line which will be  the forecast values.

I have also created Analytic chart and grid which works properly, as I have already connected to server using http://localhost:40000/webservice/pmservice.asmx   in options->server (Server URL) ->connect

I have also set Allow session mining models to True in Analysis Services 2005 server database property.

Can anyone please tell me which server has to be running ?

Regards,

Satish J.

Friday, January 30, 2009 12:25 PM

Answers

•  After you connect to the PPS Server within Dashboard Designer you need to go into the Server Options and set the Analysis Server Instance name that you are going to be using for the data mining feature.  Have you set this Value yet?  Just looks like that step might have been missed.

Create a trend analysis chart by using Dashboard Designer

Important   Before you can create a trend analysis chart, PerformancePoint Monitoring Server must be configured to work with SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services as follows:

• An Analysis Services instance name must be specified in the Value property of the Analysis Services server that is used for data mining.
    • Analysis Services must be configured to allow session mining models.

Dan English's BI Blog
    • Marked as answer by AseemN Monday, February 16, 2009 8:57 PM
    Friday, January 30, 2009 1:29 PM

All replies

•  After you connect to the PPS Server within Dashboard Designer you need to go into the Server Options and set the Analysis Server Instance name that you are going to be using for the data mining feature.  Have you set this Value yet?  Just looks like that step might have been missed.

Create a trend analysis chart by using Dashboard Designer

Important   Before you can create a trend analysis chart, PerformancePoint Monitoring Server must be configured to work with SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services as follows:

• An Analysis Services instance name must be specified in the Value property of the Analysis Services server that is used for data mining.
    • Analysis Services must be configured to allow session mining models.

Dan English's BI Blog
    • Marked as answer by AseemN Monday, February 16, 2009 8:57 PM
    Friday, January 30, 2009 1:29 PM
  • Hi Dan,

I had made a mistake by putting the wrong instance name of Analysis Server in the Server Option.

Thanks for your prompt reply for pointing out my silly mistake. :)

But after creating a nice colorful Trend chart I have one more query.

I have a historical data (Actual Values) for last 12 months, I have entered value 3 in forecast period box, so that I can forecast for next 3 months of year 2009.

I got the red line for next 3 months with same value i.e for JAN-09, FEB-09 and MAR-09 the Trend values are same.

Do we get only one Instance for forecasting ?

OR

Do I have to Set Data mining algorithm parameters for more instances?

OR

We shall have enough HISTORICAL data for forecasting?

Regards,
    Satish J.

Saturday, January 31, 2009 12:09 PM