SharePoint 2013 Workflow expiration RRS feed

• Question

• I have created workflow in Visual Studio for SP 2013. They are supposed to be long running WFs, they should be running for or 2 years. Is it possible for them to be started for that long? I don't want for some automatic feature (of SharePoint) to terminate my workflows.
    Wednesday, April 20, 2016 9:25 AM

Answers

• Hi Mario Zagreb,

By default, Microsoft SharePoint Server runs a daily Workflow Auto Cleanup job to permanently delete workflow instances and related task entries that still exist 60 days after a workflow is completed or canceled. Workflow history items themselves are not deleted, but the entry point to view them on the status page for a particular instance of a workflow will no longer be available. If the workflow is completed or canceled, but the task tem is still stuck in status “in progress”, the workflow instances and related task entries will also be deleted after 60 days.

Per my research, there is no OOB job in SharePoint to clean the workflow which is in progress. If the workflow is in progress, the workflow will not be terminated automatically and task item is in progress will not  be deleted automatically.

Best regards,

Linda Zhang

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by karimSP Thursday, April 21, 2016 5:13 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mario Zagreb Thursday, April 21, 2016 7:45 AM
    Thursday, April 21, 2016 4:38 AM