Projects not opening in Project Professional 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm thinking there is a bug somewhere, every time I try to open projects from within Project center, in Project professional 2010, it doesn't open, but when I try opening then in Project center it opens for editing. I'm thinking it has to do with the connection between Project server and Project professional.  

This started after I created a resource custom field yesterday.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010 10:40 AM

Answers

All replies

• Joommie:

If this was working and suddendly stopped, my first suspect would be the active cache. Try deleting this by removing all the files from the following directory:

%appdata%\microsoft\ms project\

Also try deleting your browser cahce and make sure that nothing changed with regard to using Active X permissions as the system uses active X to open the client application. Let us know how this works for you.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG
    Wednesday, September 15, 2010 12:55 PM
  • I did as you suggested, but that didn't solve the problem, let me try and clarify the problem

After a project has been published, it is viewable in the Project center, when you click on the icon beside the project in Project center, it opens a plain project professional document without the pal you already published.

Please we need a solution

Tuesday, September 21, 2010 12:55 PM
  • Does the URL you entered in the Project Server account in Project Professional exactly match the URL you use to go to Project Web App? If not, you can't launch the Project client and edit a project from from the Project Center.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG
    Tuesday, September 21, 2010 6:18 PM
  • I'm certain it matches, but just in case, i'll recreate the account . then i'll let you know how that goes. Thank you very much.
    Wednesday, September 22, 2010 8:39 AM