SCCM 2012 SP1 - Moving Drivers from pre-production RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

We have to totally seperate SCCM 2012 SP1 setups used as pre-production and production environments. Both of these, like I say are totally seperate which brings me onto my question. Has anyone any advise on moving drivers from the pre-production to production system?

Is it a case of having to copy and past and then manually import the drivers then going through them categorising etc or is there a methos or tool that can automate this whilst preserving the struction etc that is used in the pre-production environment?

Any advice will be very greatfully received.

Thanks
    Wednesday, April 24, 2013 1:14 PM

All replies

• Right click a driver package  -> Export ...

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 1:44 PM
  • Does that maintain everything such as folder structure from the driver source and when imported put everything in the same place but obviously on the different server?  For example

\\Server1\src\driversource\Intel_Graphics to \\Server2\src\driversource\Intel_Graphics

Also how dies it deal with duplicate drivers?  If you export a package and import it, then you do another but the second package uses a driver that is also used in the first obviously the driver will have already been imported, can using this method handle that and work with it OK?

I'm going to get access to an instance of sccm where we can play around a little more without impacting other things but that may take a while so if you can shed a little more light on this that would be amazing.

Thanks

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 2:05 PM
  • I would import them from the original source and assign them a new unique category. With categories you can import the same driver multiple times.

Kent Agerlund | My blogs: blog.coretech.dk/kea and SCUG.dk/ | Twitter: @Agerlund | Linkedin: Kent Agerlund | Mastering ConfigMgr 2012 The Fundamentals

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 3:27 PM
  • Thanks for your reply but we don't want to share the source between pre and production, we just want carbon copies on bothn servers.
    Wednesday, April 24, 2013 3:45 PM
  • then export is one option or have a process where you copy the tested driver source to a production share and import them. If you automate it, you can easily control the category.

Kent Agerlund | My blogs: blog.coretech.dk/kea and SCUG.dk/ | Twitter: @Agerlund | Linkedin: Kent Agerlund | Mastering ConfigMgr 2012 The Fundamentals

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 3:47 PM