none
Microsoft Update for Flash on Internet Explorer 11 for windows 10 Crashes IE when accessing VMware VSphere Web Client

General discussion

• Hello all,

Recently after update KB4049179 Internet explorer would crash after accessing VM Vsphere web client webpage which uses flash. After Uninstalling said update behavior regarding the website returns to normal. Microsoft Support Twitter account says to post this in feedback hub, but this is related to my Work Computer and I do not want to link personal Microsoft Account to My work computer. So I thought I would put this here instead. Before I tried uninstalling the update I tried removing Internet Explorer using Program and Features using the Add and remove features wizard,  and adding back in. But that did not work. It was only after Installing the above update was I able to login to the VMware Vsphere web client webpage and get into the rest of the portal

Thursday, November 2, 2017 7:24 PM

All replies

• Hi Eagnaz 

There has been a update release to fix the flash crashing issue. 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4051613/update-for-adobe-flash-player-november-1-2017

If you find that my post has answered your question, please mark it as the answer. If you find my post to be helpful in anyway, please click vote as helpful.

Thursday, November 2, 2017 7:49 PM
  • Thank you thank you thank you for posting this.  I had the exact same problem and tried all the "fixes" posted here and elsewhere. 

It wasn't until I stopped trying to fix the bug and just uninstall the KB, that I was able to work again in the Web Client.

Just FYI for anyone else reading this...  To uninstall, I just ran (at the Administrator level command prompt), wusa.exe /KB:4049179 /uninstall  (you cann add /quiet  but I like to "see" what is going on).  Success!  I rebooted, just for grins, started up IE and got right into the vSphere Web Client.   Yea!

Thursday, November 30, 2017 12:43 PM
  • <g class="gr_ gr_8 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="8" id="8">Hey</g> it works .

Thanks for your super resolution.

• Edited by luckyKunal Thursday, December 14, 2017 1:33 PM
    Thursday, December 14, 2017 1:33 PM