Like what I've heard but got a question on Photo gallery and Live photo gallery RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I like what I've heard about 7. I am on Vista now, but am seeking more info. I plan to get seven. Now what I was told is that in 7 Windows photo gallery is gone.  I love that and I also use Windows Live Photo Gallery to edit my pictures and love that.  So if I upgrade to seven, do these programs dissapear?  And if they do what replaces them?  What programs does MS offer in 7 to view and edit .jpeg and .gif files? Can I add on again Windows Photo Gallery and Windowl Live Photo Gallery?  Any help would be appreciated.

Kaja
    Monday, August 31, 2009 5:30 PM

Answers

• Hi Kaja,

After upgrading to Windows 7, Windows Photo Gallery will be removed from Windows 7. You can use Windows Photo Viewer to view JPEG file.

Regarding the GIF file, it only play when Internet Explorer is set as the default program to open them. Windows Photo Viewer provides buttons to cycle through the single frames, no animation.

We cannot install Windows Photo Gallery on Windows 7, but Windows Live Photo Gallery can be installed on Windows 7.

Thanks.
    • Marked as answer by Robinson Zhang Monday, September 7, 2009 1:45 AM
    Wednesday, September 2, 2009 5:56 AM