Enable audit on a mailbox doesn't work RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have an Exchange 2010 SP1 Environment

I enable audit on user1:

Set-Mailbox user1 -AuditEnabled $true

Then I give full access to that mailbox to user2

I logged in on user1 mailbox as user2 and deleted some messages.

I ran:

Search-MailboxAuditLog -Identity user1 -LogonTypes delegate -StartDate 3/28/2012 -EndDate 3/28/2012 -ResultSize 1 -ShowDetails

BUT that didn't show anything.

How long does enabled audit on mailbox takes to applied?

Regards. José Osorio.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 4:34 PM

Answers

• Please provide us some more details here

Get-Mailbox user1 | fl *Audit*

** Entries for folder bind actions performed by delegates are consolidated. One log entry is generated for individual folder access within a time span of three hours.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Hasnain Shaikh| My blogs: http://messagingserversupport.com

Friday, March 30, 2012 12:56 PM
  • Hi

Did you assign permissions before you can run this cmdlet? And was the date you choose correctly?

My suggestion is just try identity and date first, and then have a look on the output.

Cheers

Zi Feng

Zi Feng

TechNet Community Support

Friday, March 30, 2012 6:52 AM

All replies

• Hi

Did you assign permissions before you can run this cmdlet? And was the date you choose correctly?

My suggestion is just try identity and date first, and then have a look on the output.

Cheers

Zi Feng

Zi Feng

Friday, March 30, 2012 6:52 AM
  • Please provide us some more details here

Get-Mailbox user1 | fl *Audit*

** Entries for folder bind actions performed by delegates are consolidated. One log entry is generated for individual folder access within a time span of three hours.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Hasnain Shaikh| My blogs: http://messagingserversupport.com

Friday, March 30, 2012 12:56 PM
  • Hi

Any update on this thread?

Cheers

Zi Feng

Zi Feng

Tuesday, April 3, 2012 9:09 AM