Outlook for IOS app, can't read email content on SMIME signed emails. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, got sent here from: ms-support (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_outlook-mso_imobile-mso_o365b/outlook-for-ios-app-not-showing-email-content-on/58433a0e-facf-4420-902c-97c7c60fd135?messageId=7bed66c3-dcb9-4a12-8b92-8a826b6e4769)

Multiple users who are using the Outlook for IOS app can´t see the content of all emails that are digitally signed with SMIME.

All it shows is an attachment of the public SMIME cert.

Since the Office team have announced that they will soon have support for sending digitally signed emails using the Outlook for IOS app with SMIME certs this should be a real issue for many of us who are a bit more concerned and spend money on certificates.

Please help me with this issue, since the outlook app is the only good app to use with Office365 on mobile devices. Currently we have to force all our users to use the built-in email app and calendar app..

We use Office365 ProPlus E3 & E1 Licenses(recently renamed to Office365 E3 & E1).

On my Iphone "outlook for IOS" app i can read the content though most of my users can´t even though it is the same version of the APP, IOS, iphone model and license.

• Edited by Jesper Eklöv Wednesday, July 3, 2019 9:35 AM Grammar and mispellings.
    Wednesday, July 3, 2019 9:32 AM

Answers

• Hi Jesper,

You can check the new update from Jennifer:

Outlook for IOS app, not showing email content on SMIME signed emails

>>To use S/MIME with Outlook for iOS, the user’s mailbox must be in Exchange Online. Moreover, S/MIME support in Outlook for iOS and Android will begin rolling out for general availability later this summer.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Friday, July 5, 2019 6:31 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jesper Eklöv Friday, July 5, 2019 8:04 AM
    Friday, July 5, 2019 6:31 AM

All replies

• Hi Jesper,

Thank you for visiting Outlook IT forum.

According to my research, I got the same results: Outlook for IOS may not support sending and receiving encrypted messages with SMIME.

For Office 365, it would be much better to use OME to deal with encrypted email. You can find more details in this article: View protected messages on your iPhone or iPad

As here we mainly focus on issues regarding Outlook desktop client on PC and Mac, my knowledge about Outlook for IOS is limited. Although you are using Office 365(I think that’s the reason why Regile Reb redirect to TechNet forum), this issue is more related with Outlook for IOS app. Please also focus on your thread on answer forum.

Thank you for your understanding and support!

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Thursday, July 4, 2019 3:00 AM
    Thursday, July 4, 2019 3:00 AM
  • Hi Jesper,

You can check the new update from Jennifer:

Outlook for IOS app, not showing email content on SMIME signed emails

>>To use S/MIME with Outlook for iOS, the user’s mailbox must be in Exchange Online. Moreover, S/MIME support in Outlook for iOS and Android will begin rolling out for general availability later this summer.

Regards,

Perry

• Edited by Perry-Pan Friday, July 5, 2019 6:31 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jesper Eklöv Friday, July 5, 2019 8:04 AM
    Friday, July 5, 2019 6:31 AM