O365 installs on client but status failed RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

For the better part of a month I have been working on getting o365 pro plus click to run to supersede my Office 2016 pro plus deployment package.  I finally have that uninstalling Office Pro Plus and then installing itself, but at the end SCCM comes back status failed.  O365 is installed and I can open it and activate it so I am not sure why its failing.

Software center message:

SCCM Monitoring deployment status:

Here is my current detection rule and I've tried several things here but I still get the error.

So any advice would be appreciated!  This is a pain because I am sooo close to having this finally working.

Thanks,

Scott

Monday, April 17, 2017 3:41 PM

All replies

• So I found this from technet that I am working through so maybe I can solve my own issue.  I've been searching for docs and missed this somehow.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/32535.deploying-office365-proplus-with-sccm-fails-to-detect-installation-completed-successfully.aspx

Monday, April 17, 2017 4:11 PM
  • Well the error is quite straight forward. After you receive it do you check the registry on the machine? Does the registry exist? 

PS. I think you miss configured the detection method. CurrentVersion is KEY not Value! You should select something like "DisplayName" or "DisplayVersion".

Monday, April 17, 2017 4:26 PM
  • Yeah the reg entry is there and everything runs fine.  Just get the fail message.  I'll change our CurrentVersion with DisplayName and also try DisplayVersion.  Thanks for the reply!
    Monday, April 17, 2017 6:08 PM
  • Ok that was the issue DisplayVersion fixed it.  Woot. Thanks.
    Monday, April 17, 2017 6:55 PM

• Make it easier for other people to find solutions,  'Mark as answer' if it solves your problem.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 4:59 AM